So Wednesday I shared with you how to make a bath bomb (Click Here if you missed it). I was going to wait until next Wednesday to show you how to whip up the frosting but then I realized that this DIY falls nicely under Party On! Friday…how on earth did I make that connection? Well these pretty little DIY bath bombs could be used as party favors for a spa themed party! That and my OCD needed me to complete this tutorial before I move on to my next, and I’ve learned not to fight the OCD, just roll with it. So here you are dears!
What You’ll Need:
- One 12 oz Bottle of Lotion (I used unscented olive oil based)
- 2 Cups Corn starch (you may need to add more, depending on how runny your lotion is)
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar (Sounds bizarre but most scrubs involve sugar)
- Extract (you can make this scent match the bomb)*
- Food Coloring (a drop or two will do the job)*
- Mixing Bowl
- Piping Bag and Tip or Spatula to spread
Combine all ingredients into a bowl (extract and food coloring last and to your specific taste) and blend together in a mixing bowl (do not whip with a hand mixer, this will make it runny). If your mixture is still runny add more corn starch untill it is fluffy and thick.
Frost your bath bombs AFTER they have set for AT LEAST 5 hours, otherwise the moisture will seep and they will get gross, sorry for yelling, I just don’t want you to have gloppy-gloopy bath bombs.
Let them “set” over night, do not wrap them until they are a bit “stiff” on top. When explaining how to make these to your friends do not use air quotes as often as I use regular quotes, they will laugh at you, I will too.
You can find the bath bomb recipe by CLICKING HERE along with a pretty free printable tag to go with it that you can print and use yourself.